Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Colorful Desserts

A really decent new deli replaced my usual. I buy loaves of bread from a couple of bakeries and regularly bought loaves from this old deli. Soon, I'll have to try the loaves at the new replacement. At least they still offer scones for takeaway, provided that I order them a day in advance. Like the old deli, they don't display the yummy scones on the shelves. That'll be fine. For now, I'll get its sweets and pastries. 'Dolcetto' was all cheery and bright this morning when I hopped over to tapau stuff to visit the girlfriend who was ill at home.

Big plus point in that the deli opens at 8am. Fits my schedule on most days. Today, I picked out a couple of attractive pieces to fill a box. There were macarons too. Looked tantalizing on the shelves. But nobody liked it, so didn't need to get them. They asked if I needed coffee. Umm...no. Not exactly wanting to try its coffee. :P Brought the box of colorful sweets over to cheer up the girlfriend, with a few choices for the parents too. Poor thing could barely croak. She had completely lost her voice, and was groggy from meds and fever. But she was up for some company for a quick bit. I was most disapproving that she turned on the work laptop. Tsk. Obviously sick, and obliged to put in the work hours to meet deadlines.

Out of the whole box, she could have a bite of either the lemon tart or the fig cake much later in the afternoon if she felt better after more meds and a nap. Her throat and persistent cough wouldn't permit her to have any sort of rich chocolate, nuts and definitely no ice-cream of any sort. Girl's been having porridge for meals for three days. :(

2 comments:

jooo said...

The desserts look delectable (I spy figs. Hah!). A pity your gf couldn't have any :( Hope she's feeling better!

imp said...

jooo: i think she stole a bite of something! she's such a dessert fiend. am sure she had a nibble!