Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Need For Breakfast Buffets

I'm not a breakfast person. BUT. It depends on which city I'm in, in relation to available food options and schedule for the day. If I wake up early enough and run around a little, then I'll be ready to eat something by 9am. Not so disciplined to do parkour in wet winter. Pilates is a very much preferred option. Hooked up with a studio in the city, and arranged for daily sessions for the week. Essential to keeping the muscles and joints oiled.

One of my must-stops is still Lantana Café. Friends work and live in the area, so it's a perfect pit-stop either way for us to meet and grab a chat before heading off to the office or home. It's certainly grown and blossomed since the last visit. One shop unit for dining in, and one shop unit for take-outs. Baked eggs is kinda off the menu, but food is still good in other forms. They've got so many options for eggs. Hurrah.

Hopped in first for breakfast alone before going into a long work meeting with not-unwelcome people for the morning. Late morning, I was very hungry. Pilates was a killer. Instructor of the day was in a bad mood. Duhhhh. Was placed on the machines to do deep stretches. Ouch. Already had a good flat white at Espresso Room, so when I got to Lantana, a glass of juice was preferred. Everything edible looked delicious. Finished the whole plate of food, toasted bread included. Dukkah sprinkled on grilled cheese and humus. Delicious. Two poached eggs! Two! Filled me up so much that I could only manage an artichoke (hearts!) salad at lunch later.

2 comments:

eveeleva said...

I love love love Dukkah! *Jealous*

imp said...

eveeleva: stock a bottle at home! it's my staple in the larder too. sprinkle it over so many things.