Saturday, February 09, 2013

35, Loving Life


On the day of February the 9th (and a day earlier on the 8th, and many more), I spent it with all the people I love. Yet another birthday celebration with the bunch of friends whom I hang out with at the bars, and sometimes as a group, descend on unsuspecting restaurants. Happy to have rounded up an impromptu party of sorts and they could all make it.

Immensely glad that 28HKS practises a policy of no photography. Otherwise there would have been shenanigans captured of the night for all of eternity. I believe some people captured some blurry images on their phones. *shrieks* This round, the cake came in a liquid form. A giant punch bowl. The Liquid Cake. That punch bowl at 28HKS is all kinds of awesome, and deadly. Suffice to say, it was a great night and one that is making me stay off alcohol the whole week. No, make that two weeks.

Hello 35. I live, love, laugh. There's nowhere I'd rather be than at present. Have I always known what I want to do with my life? Yes. More or less, since I was 18. Each life decision is not made on impulse or in haste. I know full well the consequences. Have I made peace with my mother? No. Probably never. *shrug* God has always guided my path through happiness, sadness and darkness. My faith, is a deeply personal thing that I never carry upon the lips. I remember what Grandmother told me, "Hold God in your heart, always." There's nothing I'll change about my life, and there's everything to look forward to. Come what may. For all the blessings received, I give thanks, and do my bit for whatever that's within my sphere of influence. I'll never forget that to serve, is the greatest privilege of all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Imp! :) Warmest wishes for your birthday and plenty more days filled with love and laughter :)

Xuan

sinlady said...

Live life, live well. *hugs* and Happy Birthday, my friend.

imp said...

xuan: thank you!

sinlady: i will! my thanks!

Anonymous said...

Happy 35th! Live life passionately as always!
D

h o b o m o b o said...

Happy belated birthday Imp! Wishing you a year of dreams fulfilled. :)

imp said...

D: my thanks!

hobomobo: thanks girl. you're going to get a break too right? put up your legs and enjoy for a bit!