Monday, December 09, 2013

Not Sleepless Here

After like...the fifth person, by way of a parting shot in jest, told me, "Don't get sleepless in Seattle", I finally realized what the reference was. I didn't get it initially. Although I grinned, I didn't reply because I did an internal giant 'HUH' and wondered what the heck that meant. Realization dawned when I strolled by a souvenir shop and the racks of clothing held up a set of pyjamas printed with the line 'Sleepless in Seattle'.

OH. THAT MOVIE. Sam and Annie, and Jonah. That Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movie that I never watched, but heard plenty about and caught its trailers years after. Always thought it was about New York City. Clearly never remembered the title of the movie. Of course when I read the detailed synopsis, I don't ever want to watch this movie in its entirety. Ugh.

But I still don't understand what's the joke leh. If you do, please explain to me. It would have something to do with the details in the movie, isn't it? Can't be just the title alone! Anyway, I'm sleeping very well here lor. Kekekekeke.

2 comments:

eveeleva said...

It's just a famous movie that had a Seattle setting lah, it's like where broken hearts go to heal, and it's a little rainy but beautiful...

And Tom Hanks was given the nickname by a radio show dj/love doctor, cos he couldn't sleep thinking about his late wife, and he lived in Seattle lor...

So don't sleepless in Seattle lor...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEE!

imp said...

eveeleva: AIYOH. And I thought what was the joke. Bleah. You sure like this movie, so romantic.