Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday


Made a promise to play nice during Lent. Well, I tried. Really. Bit my tongue so many times to stifle retorts and comments. Also resisted urges to troll the heck out of annoying status updates or bigoted opinions. Tongue is full of ulcers now. Boo.

Even limited my presence online. That was incredibly hard to do. When a bar that has consistently pissed me off with shoddy service since 2005 for each (!!!) visit, amazingly misplaced my credit card (which was needed for a flight out in two hours), I was not pleased. They categorically denied receiving it from my hands. After insidiously accusing me of delirium, minutes later, the bar had to grudgingly admit that they found it sheepishly stashed between bill holders. I lost it right there and then, and on social media. Sigh. 

As I went through the Stations with a heart full of dread, there was an odd sense of relief to realize that failure is okay (to a certain extent, imho). There will be resurrection, and there is hope, and I will continue to try to be a better person.
Walk then as children of the light: for the fruit of the light is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth.  
~ Ephesians 5:1-9

No comments: