Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hadet bra, Oslo!


All too soon, it was time to leave. I didn't want to go. Too comfortable chilling out with the girlfriend. Too much fun and laughter in all those precious spontaneous moments that are now awesome memories. Two tight hugs on the train platform and I hurried into the Flytoget that would begin the journey home southeast.

There aren't enough words to express my appreciation for the warmth and hospitality of the friends. They welcomed me into their home and put up with me for the month, fed me, took me out everywhere, and instructed their children be courteous and helpful to this strange Aunty Imp whom they don't even know.

I'm already missing the girlfriend's music on the piano in the mornings and in the evenings. She conquers the classical pieces with such ease that it's an absolute pleasure to listen to her play. Each time she asked me to go practise the piano, I pretended not to hear, continued surfing on the phone or on the borrowed Macbook, or simply disappeared upstairs or downstairs where she couldn't see me. Hahahaha. Also miss the silly jibes and dancing of her boys. Now, I can't get Pharrell Williams' 'Happy' out of my head. Geez, thanks guys! Relieved that her husband didn't mind my constant presence in the house. The last thing I want is to have him think I invaded the privacy of the family. Am tickled by his thoughtfulness in always leaving me biggest portion of wine in the bottle. He wondered why I didn't have more bottles of beer in the fridge. He definitely thinks I'm an alcoholic. Tsk.

I guess by virtue of us not killing each other after a month, it pretty much means I get to brazenly assume that I can return and terrorize the girlfriend and the boys (and the stuffed toys). The question is always, when? Holiday planning starts now. We don't have to meet in Oslo. Hurhurhur. But wherever we go, preferably NOT IN WINTER THOUGH. It'll be bloody cold this far north. I don't believe it when they say "It's not cold in winter."

Tusen takk for den fantastiske tiden! xo


Immensely tickled by random toys that appeared at staircase landings in the nights.
They stay put till the next day when their owner comes back from school and moves them.

No comments: