Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hãy uống cà phê


Apparently two girlfriends and I have a date in Đà Nẵng next year. Or Hà Nội. As long as it's in Vietnam. Let's see if this trip materializes. Some crazy scheduling and flying would have to be done to make it happen.

In the meantime, I've found plenty of scenic coffee spots. While the girls would love the coffee at Reaching Out Teahouse in Hội An, I think they also appreciate casual spots. Some of the best coffee spots have honestly been found at the side of the roads. While I like my coffee black and piping hot as cà phê đen, on many afternoons, I don't mind it cold as cà phê đen đá. Pure aroma, taste and gorgeousness.

Here's one coffee spot in Hội An outside the eeky Ancient Town- Đào Coffee. I don't think they use Lao PDR's Dao-Heuang beans. Probably a local variation that I've no idea what it is. It was good. Perfect on a rainy afternoon. Zipped into this family 'cafe' while it stormed. The balcony was the place of business and the family lived in the house. Owned by a hardworking young girl who spoke some English and took our order, and a grandfather who showed me to the balcony and nicely pulled out my chair.

Can't wait to have coffee with you girls, and since one speaks proper Vietnamese, I bet we'll see even more of this little town.


Đào Coffee
110 Phan Chu Trinh, Cẩm Phô, 
Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam

No comments: