Thursday, October 16, 2014

Outbound, Vietnam

Realized that the arrival card given out at the SilkAir boarding gate was for Cambodia. This flight would stop in Đà Nẵng first, then Siem Reap. My destination is Đà Nẵng. I didn't recall Vietnam requiring an arrival/departure card. Or rather that requirement existed but it was scrapped. Visas for certain lengths of stay or passports from a number of countries are still necessary to sort out though. I hadn't visited in years, so I went to ask the ground staff if Vietnam required an arrival card.

The staff said he didn't know and declined the Cambodian arrival card and health declaration forms and all when I tried to return them. He said, "Maybe the Vietnam immigrations would need them." LOL. No way lor. Tried very hard to stifle my giggles. I wasn't mean okay! Beyond "Oh thanks", I didn't say another word. Once onboard, I asked the cabin crew about it. They knew, of course. Nope. An arrival/departure card is not needed for Vietnam. Hurrah.

Short bumpy flight. Rain clouds aplenty. Tiny plane. Only a third filled. So I sprawled out across three seats and went to sleep. Didn't bother about food or drinks. Was well fed and hydrated before going to the airport. When I woke, it was 20 minutes to landing. Nice. Hello Đà Nẵng, you're my gateway to Đà Lạt, Hội An, and maybe Huế.

No comments: