Saturday, November 22, 2014

Tying A Bow


The girlfriend insisted on handing me an early Christmas gift. Squealed when I saw the card. Last year, she gave me a print by Dana Zemack, aptly titled 'Zombie Ballerinas'. That set me on buying all her greeting cards because her illustrations are just so whimsical and quirky. This year, she continued the trend and gave me a card of the same print. Love it.

What tickled me was her wrapping. This girl doesn't bother to do gift-wrapping. But this year, she decided she's going to make everyone gift tags and ribbons and sort out the wrapping herself. She emphasized that it took her ages to wrap my box. She also proudly announced that she learnt from youtube how to tie a bow using a fork. Apparently there're hundreds of youtube tutorials on that. I never knew! I completely dissolved into uncontrollable giggles when she admitted it took her 45 minutes to learn it, and she didn't know what to do when the ribbon's width was wider than the fork.

Not undermining the girlfriend's achievements. But the sheer amount of effort taken to sort out this present is mind-boggling. HAHAHAHAHAHA. She even took photo stills of the required steps. Then she proceeded with her own creation of bows from varied widths of different-colored ribbons. Too sweet lah. My bow is in a cheerful festive dark green, as shown above with the card. Woot. Told her I'm framing it up. For posterity, this also has to be noted in a blog post. :P

Photo stolen from the girlfriend.

No comments: