Wednesday, February 22, 2017

That Blue Dinosaur Motif Pouch


Opened up the envelope and started grinning. It was a little pouch I had wanted to get, but didn't get around to sorting it out and then completely forgotten about it. On a random day, it arrived as a gift from J. I don't recall mentioning anything to her. So it was a wonderful surprise!

It's pretty well made. It's that blue dinosaur pouch with its motif drawn by Sheng Jie from Pathlight School. Now I understood why J only asked me an all-important question, "Blue or green?" At that time, I didn't know why she asked and of course she refused to tell. Apparently there's a version in green and teal too, as well as brown and pink. I like this blue much much better. When in doubt, I will always pick blue over green. :P Hurrah!

J had helpfully suggested that the Kindle fits into the pouch. The Kindle goes into it fine with a few essentials of lip balm, eye-drops, two credit cards and cash. Quite spacious. However, I first used it for a less glamorous purpose- to contain ang pows during the lunar new year. Hehehe.

Now, I can simply carry it out on days when I don't need the whole bag of assorted essentials. Minus the Kindle. The denim pouch is lined with nylon, making it water resistant. On days that I might get rained on, I simply plonk the essentials within a ziplock in another water resistant pouch, and slide them into the fabric pouch, effectively ensuring that hours of rain won't kill the phone or cables or cash.

2 comments:

jo said...

Wee! Glad to see it serving you well :)

imp said...

it's definitely practical! love it.