Friday, June 20, 2008

I Learnt Another Thing

The man's mom asked me to grab stuff from the supermarket to make assam pedas. "Lady's fingers...! Oh and kiam chye too. Thanks." She instructed.

I froze. Die lah. How does kiam chye look like?

I called a friend for help. She giggled. She was good. She told me to check out the section near the tofu. Didn't exactly work. I read the labels. I had no idea which was what. I had to go look for the friendly staff behind the meat counter.

He brought me back to the tofu section. He reached up for a packet of greens. "Here you go. If you can't finish, put them in the tupperware to keep for another 2 weeks okay?"

I flashed him a wide grin. "Okay."


10 comments:

  1. i know kiam chye!! hahahahah that's the boy's favourite! arg...asam pedas...drooling~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROLLING MY EYES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elaine: :)

    meteor: roll away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. u really hopeless for grocery shopping leh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lolz... this one still okie.. but if anyone ask abt long beans, four seasons beans... french beans... etc the beans beans (especially in chinese or dialets term), i would froze like u... >.<""

    ReplyDelete
  6. sinlady: completely.

    dreamy: don't even start! i wouldn't understand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hokay. I officially want to CRASH when I next fly there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh humbug! Wrong choice of words. Crash and fly should NOT be in the same sentence. Gah.

    Re-phrase:
    Hokay. I officially want to be FED when I next fly there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. feed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kachunknorge: say bunk in! okay. you've got yourself another dinner date!

    jazzgal: fine!

    ReplyDelete