Grinned at the long tube of cookies. I haven't had them for a while. I always buy a few tins when I'm in London. But I haven't passed by that way for years. L was on quite a mad work trip, and that girl somehow squeezed out a pocket of time to get out for a bit and even found space to stuff a tube of these dark chocolate cookies into her suitcase and brought them home for meeeee. There was no occasion—she just wanted to do so. I was super appreciative!
I have a weakness for dark chocolate biscuits/cookies or sablés. The less sweet it is, the better; the higher the percentage of cacao, the more I welcome the dessert. Fortnum & Mason retails a decent version that's about as sweet as I can bear. Although I now see the macadamia nuts in the photo, I don't actually taste them. Perhaps it's always ignored since the dark chocolate is the star.
It was a hectic morning, but the afternoon was free. I blocked out that chunk of time after 2pm so that I could comfortably be at home to...read a book. Of course there would be an afternoon coffee, and I thought, 'why don't we open up the tube and have ourselves some cookies?' I did just that. I was greedy! One should be enough, but I felt like having three pieces. Hurhurhur. I take my coffee thick and black anyway. Those cookies were slowly savored and lasted longer than the cup of coffee. It was a rather lovely breezy afternoon on the patio.


ooo.. the cookies look good! i've yet to find one tt's not sweet enough for me to love... all the commercial ones out there are too sweet.. >.<
ReplyDeletesince i don't bake, and cannot ask my friends to keep baking them for me, i resort to buying. But not from anywhere in SG. too sweet lah, unless it's those home bakers selling it. I usually buy them from little shops sited overseas that i know do good versions. Same goes for my jams and peanut butters too!
ReplyDeleteya! sg ones are just too sweet.. sigh..
ReplyDeleteoh.. for peanut butter, adams is a good brand. =)
Heh! Adams peanut butter is delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh! We bought this too last month in London. Still unopened on the kitchen tabletop. :)
ReplyDelete@Cavalock: it’s super crumbly. Use a scissors to open the packs. They’re split into 2 separate and individually sealed packs in the tube.
ReplyDelete