Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sugar Love

The moment I confirmed the work trip, I decided to get a small wedding gift for the friend. But I felt a little guilty asking her to go out of her way on a precious weekend to pick up the package from my hotel.

When I emailed her to see if she would be in town this weekend, she immediately asked if I had space in the luggage for a fruitcake. I hemmed and hawed. I really didn't want her to spend any more effort. She royally ignored me and simply decided she would bake me a fruitcake....without the alcohol. She told me to add my own. Muahahahhahah.

That woman ah. She spent hours and hours baking and all. I'm munching a square of the cake. It's yummy. Made with just the right amount of sugar. (I don't like it too sweet either.) And I don't need to add anything else. Not even alcohol. It taste just fine. I feel the love, babe. Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Awww..!! that's so sweet..!! but yer just as awesome..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wwooohooo... *clap clap*..

    Next time, I promise I will bake you a brandy laced fruitcake. I will master the art!! I will...

    You feel guilty about asking me to go out?? I feel guilty for making you spend money on me.. !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aiyo, the two of you, you sweet i sweet!
    yeah i like you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. half the fun of work trips are going off to spring surprises on friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super sweet lah...ur frend & u ! cherish cherish! =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends, what would we do without them? We really don't need the pricey gifts, it's really the thought that goes behind the giving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mamabok: :)

    jomel: umm...we kinda finished your cookies on the plane...

    kikare: heheheheh. mushy eh.

    queenie: totally!

    elaine: am doing so!

    jemej: exactly! all that thought and effort.

    ReplyDelete