Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The flowers on the dining table winked cheerily at me. It felt so good to be back home.

If I had prepped for a motel or a rough-it-out boot camp, this past week wouldn't have been so bad. I didn't expect the hosts to put us up in such lousy accommodation. I had such a rude shock. Considering how seasoned a trekker I am in tough environment, it's ironic that I couldn't adapt to the living conditions last week.

I was exhausted. Didn't feel like eating much. So the man made me a refreshing cold ramen salad for dinner. Had a quick cleansing shower and soaked in a really hot tub. Then I clambered into bed. Nestled amongst the plush sheets, I drifted deep into uninterrupted sleep for the next 12 hours.

7 comments:

  1. welcome home *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. so is this like a sign?! have you typed out the resignation letter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Sweet Home indeed! Hope you've tanked up on sleep before the new week begins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so imagine a long sigh of contentment. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sinlady: hugs back!

    jazzgal: to quit over roaches that's not even in my hometown, no way.

    corsage: i did!! i slept at 9pm last night. wahahahha.

    jomel: totally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back! and for having such a blissful shower and beauty sleep! =p

    ReplyDelete