Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Hot Hot Hot Sauce!


The dear friends grew ghost peppers and harvested them. They made them into a hot sauce, and gifted a jar to us! Okaaaay, they asked if we wanted it and we shamelessly said yes. They grow all sorts of really lovely leaves and all in their home, and they have generously shared them with us. We just finished a big jar of pesto they had made.

It's a gorgeous sauce. The way is done is SOOOOooooOOOoo tasty. Intense and lovely. It's not the typical hot sauce with tomatoes. This version is done with garlic and oil, like toum. The heat is just right. Well, it could be spicier, but at this level, it can complement breakfast at 7am if the husband so chooses (I don't bother with brekkies). If it's spicier, then it would be like a lunch or dinner accompaniment. 

The husband is a happy camper. He has been having spoonfuls of this hot sauce with every thing this week, beginning with breakast. The first taste of the sauce was as is, the moment it arrived. Then it went into breakfast the next day. It goes great with scrambled eggs, frittata, an egg white scramble, Tuscan beans and Italian sausage, and pretty much everything. It also lends a good touch to pasta, buffalo chicken with rosemary potatoes and blue cheese, and all things lunch and dinner. 

I love the hot sauce too, but I don't need to slather it in all my food. I'm not eating it with everything. LOL I had it for the very first time properly with an aglio e olio fusilli and plenty of mushrooms! Much umami, many flavors. NOMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment