Sunday, November 18, 2012

She Knows Her Cafes


While Y and I ate, and chatted, the precocious little girl ordered her own juice and had a grilled yellowtail cheek all to herself, of which she wasn't interested in her preferred crispy skin. Today, Lil'Missy was rather happy playing with a piece of coaster, tomatoes and a flower. Joy!

Sometimes, when the girl's pre-occupied with decision-making, it leaves Y and I time to chat random lines about other topics. As fond as I am of Lil'Missy, I'm slightly more concerned about talking to her mom, whom I want to catch up with and chat about the happenings in her life over the past two busy weeks.

Apparently, Lil'Missy does remember me, and asks Y when we'd be going out. Awwww... best way to twist me around her little finger. It was no wonder that I obediently removed a tiny bloom of chrysanthemum adorning our plate of sashimi and put it on my head for her to play with.

Lil'Missy also knows her cafes really well. I had a good chortle when Y told me about her cafe-venture at home, searching for 'SALE' signs while out at the shops. Later, when we gave her a choice of heading to Smitten, Henry Congressional or Carpenter and Cook, the girl chose Smitten. She knows exactly which these cafes are, and remembers them, and often associates specific events with the venues. Okaaay.

So at Smitten, while Y and I were excitedly checking out its new tea wares and deciding which teas to try, the girl ordered her own babycino and orange macaron. Her orders arrived at the table way before we put in any of ours. Imagine our eyes popping out. No wonder she remembers Smitten so well.

Have you drunk tea out of the lovely cups at Smitten yet?

2 comments:

Yuling said...

I really couldn't believe it when the babycino and maracon appeared before us! She placed order before us?! Aunty Imp, look what all our cafe-crawling has done to her! Heh.

imp said...

well... o_O