Saturday, March 13, 2021

Lunch at Ristorante Da Valentino


Loved it that V got us a lunch table at Ristorante Da Valentino. For some reason, pre-pandemic restrictions, the restaurant kept on canceling my dinner reservations, be it two days in advance or a week in advance. Then FFS, don't allow us to make bookings online if you're full! Grrrrr. After they canceled my reservation for the fourth time over two months, I let it fall off my dining radar regardless of how much I enjoy their food.

It was a treat to eat there this afternoon with the darling girlfriend. A light glass of prosecco was in order. I was here for the pasta, and nothing else. Couldn't resist the bread though. Toasted ciabatta with their homemade green sauce. Mmmm. A hearty seafood spaghetti for V and pesto pasta for me made us both very happy. We do love our carbs. What a lovely lunch at Ristorante Da Valentino.

Dessert was wonderful! I wasn't paying attention to what the server said, so I was hoping it wouldn't be a soufflé or a pudding of sorts. Or a bundt cake, be it flourless or with olive oil. When it arrived, we were super surprised! They were indeed as said, a lovely plate of Sicilian blood oranges with dark chocolate. It hit all the right notes. How unexpected. This was totally my kind of dessert. When it comes to desserts, I wish restaurants would offer more by doing less less in this way. 

No comments: