Thursday, April 09, 2009

Staying On Land This Year

I pushed a little harder to do 30 laps in the pool instead of the usual 20 or 25. There were many reasons to just swim and clear the mind. Swimming is about the only thing I can do in the water now.

Well, I guess I'm a little upset. I've completed my medical and gotten pretty okay results. Of course there is a minor 'but'.

The doctor refused to clear me for any sort of diving this year. No deep diving, no 20-metre dives and not even mini freedives of 10 metres. "Haven't you done enough?" He asked. "Stick to snorkelling and frolicking in the water." Puiiiiiii.

What good would I be to the friends, their research and marine conservation without being able to dive and make tangible contributions? I need to mull over this.

In other news, the Tooth Fairy can continue to do her work. She'll be kept busy trying to grow my wisdom tooth out of the gum. The dentist said I didn't need to remove it. Hurrah! Plenty of space for it to grow. Meanwhile, it's going to be a long process of teething. I will have toothaches once in a bit when the Tooth Fairy visits.

Whatever. I wonder if I can ever dive again.

12 comments:

neophyte said...

i know how much it means to you. but don't be silly. u can contribute in many other ways. i can count them for u.

wildgoose said...

It's not a major issue stopping you from diving, I hope.

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

You must be so disappointed! But I'm sure you can and will contribute in so many other tangible ways. Cheer up and take care of yourself k!

seth said...

then stay on land. u can do other stuff. there are so many other ways. u don't just have to do manual labor u know?

kikare said...

I'm very sorry to hear that, Imp, but as the fellas above have said, there are many ways to contribute to your cause. Don't be too upset. Take care of yourself.

imp said...

neophyte: i don't want to use brains to think. okay. count for me.

wildgoose: not life threatening unless i dive! :p

corsage: i am. :( u go away and have lotsa fun too k?!

seth: i too lazy to think now. i tell u more after i come out of the mountains.

kikare: okay kikare. :)

zewt said...

hmmmm... cant dive? nothing too serious i hope. well... i havent even dive before at all... so ... ok lah.

Jo said...

snorkelling is fun!

Dawn said...

NO DIVING!

I dreamt about your tooth :)

ShutterBug said...

ahh the wisdom tooth troubles....
same same.. am having a lot of headaches (literally) about them also :(

The AT pressure when diving can be dangerous so health 1st yeah :)

mars bar said...

i can put you to work on another part of the boat. sounds good?

imp said...

zewt: only if i be naughty and go diving, then it's bad. otherwise, it's ok. need to watch lifestyle (less alcohol! no smokes, no cigars)and diet (less fatty meats!). ugh.

jomel: not as fun as diving....:(

dawn: what on earth is in your mind to make u dream about my tooth!

shutterbug: you too?! extract them! then no more headaches. hehehhe. i can tell u like that, but i'm too chicken to extract them! aye sir. health first.

marsbar: sounds DANGEROUS!