Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Steering Bubbles Away From Techno Beats

Lunch date. Big hugs for Corsage, and a little hug for Bubbles who told me that "It's been a while since I hung out with you, Aunty Imp. This is awesome". A tiny squeeze for little Bun. She didn't particularly care about me. She took her cue from the sister. She saw that the sister was comfortable with me, and decided to lie quietly and give me a grin every now and then.

Unfortunately, Bubbles associates me with the iPad. SIGH. Same thing today. At some point, she asked to play her favorite games, and to get onto Youtube to watch a Sesame Street video. She doesn't really know the titles of the videos, but she knows the key developments, and I'm expected to know them, and pull up whatever she's referring. OKAAAY. It's hard work!

On the video page, she scrolled up and down to decide which to watch. Then her finger slid to 'Katy Perry sings "Hot N Cold" with Elmo'. I was like...noonoooo...baby...that's a bad song. She was all "Why? Why? Why?" and proceeded to click it anyway.

Okay, note to self, don't tell a kid that something's bad. They'll just go ahead to do it. I, of all people, should know that. After 45 seconds, she swiped it off and returned to the main menu. She nodded, "It's a bad song." Hahahaha. I couldn't help feeling triumphant. Those techno beats were really irritating. Well done, girl. You're going to have great taste in music.

No comments: