Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Happy Third Indeed

Morning came, and I woke up to many beeps from the phone. The gist of the friends' texts was something to the effect of, "Happy Anniversary!" Bleary-eyed, I was more like...WTF. Then I remembered. Jumping cows and moons! I forgot the date. Clearly, I bought nothing, planned zilch, and not feeling the least mortified.

The man whooshed into the room, freshly grouchy from a work conference call at an unearthly hour. "Happy Anniversary!" He chirped. Point to him. However, I made an effort to put on the wedding band and a solitaire the man had bought early in the relationship. The man, is more conscientious about wearing his wedding band than I am. Between tea and piano classes, changing adult diapers, wielding mops and brooms, pilates and parkour, the rings are honestly pesky. I've conveniently left the rings in the drawer for months now, wearing them out only on the weekends if I remember. :P Anyway, we've made a pact not to mark this date or purchase presents in its honor. So we went about the day in the most typical of ways.

Errands, classes and work for us. I had a most spontaneous lunch date with a darling girlfriend who was flying off in the evening to a glorious vacation. The man went out for a buddy's birthday lunch. In the evening, we appeared at the bar for a nip of whisky and randomly met half the world there, with nobody having made any sort of prior arrangements. Everybody adjourned for an impromptu, friggin spicy delicious dinner at Yhingthai Palace Restaurant

And this is how it shall be if the fates will have it so. We'll define this marriage on our terms. The 18th day of every October to be mundane, spent with friends, serendipity and much laughter.

10 comments:

kikare said...

very good :)

supercoati said...

"The 18th day of every October to be mundane, spent with friends, serendipity and much laughter." Indeed. I wish that for you too always! Happy Anniversary. So near the date J and I signed on the dotted line too.

jazzgal said...

and that's the way we know you both.

eveeleva said...

Has it been 3 years? That means I've been married even longer? Oh dear...how time flies...

Seems like only yesterday I almost choked on a fishball when I learnt u were getting hitched! lol...

Happy 3rd to you both! You both are the coolest couple evaaaaahhh!

imp said...

kikare: :)

Lu: oh! A happy anniversary to you and J too!

jazzgal: that's the way it must be.

eveeleva: yes! 5 years for you!? Heeeeeee. Thank you!

Lady J said...

Lovely post and a happy anniversary to you guys! Here's to many more good years ahead celebrating in laughter and joy. :)

Anonymous said...

i'll drink to your happy partnership.
cheers!
-misti

FML said...

so close my born day -_-;;;
happy anniversary! :D

imp said...

lady J + misti + FML: thank you!

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary!