Friday, October 19, 2012

Yhingthai Palace Restaurant

Now that Yhingthai Palace Restaurant is back on my radar, I've hopped in thrice, and it has won me over completely when it comes to choosing a restaurant for Thai food. Not overly pretentious, I could turn up there in flip flops too. Hurrah. The chefs are good, and it's a restaurant instead of a tiny stall. Nothing wrong with a tiny stall, but sometimes, I want a different style of cooking, non-plastic plates, and a different ambience when it comes to satisfying a craving for Thai spices. This is one restaurant I'll zoom to for now.

Make reservations. The restaurant seems to be always packed, and the servers are always rushing around. But the food comes fast. The kitchen is generous with the accompanying sauces and condiments. They offered a sauce with each dish. Perfect. They didn't mind that we asked for more of the sauces. Love the spices that go great with everything, but don't burn the tastebuds numb.

A table of humans meant that we could order many many items on the menu. So we did. The dishes were excellent. While prices aren't as friendly as Orchard Towers, it's not ridiculously expensive. The menu doesn't claim to serve royal Thai cuisine. It offers familiar favorites. It serves a great phad thai, and I found a wonderful version of winged bean salad (ยำถั่วพู) here. The kitchen can whip this up without meat or seafood and make it vegetarian. All these yummy food. Thrice, the steamed fish had been nicely done. Impressive. However, I'll return again and again for its tom yam seafood clear soup (ต้มยำทะเลน้ำใส). I've had two bowls of soup on each visit so far. Heeeee.

No comments: