Friday, March 24, 2006

Art For The Soul

There is nothing better than spending an afternoon at the art galleries with an intention to buy. On the corporate budget as corporate gifts to be lugged around. I wasn't looking at paintings. Needed compact art pieces that could be lugged around in cabin luggage.

I was specifically looking for ceramics/pottery by Singapore artists. Very presentable, artistic and easy to pack safely in bubblewrap. I strolled into Art 2. What a lovely little gallery. They had lovely soulful pieces that caught my eye.

I walked away with these 12 pieces from Goh Eck Kheng's Kendi series, Tan Sock Fong's glass art and Suriani Suratman's earthy ceramics.

Put aside the pieces for the office. Then picked out a couple of other pieces for myself on a more modest budget. That was fun! I must plan a bigger budget for the next round of buying. I want Iskandar Jalil's one-of-a-kind ceramics.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like art pieces in my house. they make the place seem so much prettier.

i've got some from bangkok though. kekeke.

Anonymous said...

the pots/jugs look so cute!!! love the shape and the colors. very earthy. nice warm feel.

Anonymous said...

i couldn't resist it and bought 1 of Iskandar Jalil's pieces. now, am wondering how i'm going to transport it back home when i leave in a couple of months. :)

Anonymous said...

they're lovely. but so not safe in my house with children running around.

Anonymous said...

your selections are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

local art is really not bad at all. it's just that there's no big culture on it yet. there're tons in chatuchak mkt in bangkok that singaporeans will buy at a fraction of the gallery costs here.

Anonymous said...

for the soul. definitely.

Passerby A said...

OMG! We've only got a limited selection of corporate gifts - guess what? YES! LKY's memoirs lah.

Anonymous said...

hahaha. we've got LKY's memoirs too. the Chinese visitors love it!!!