Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Favorite Coffee Place in Krung Thep - บ้านใร่กาแฟ

When I was studying in Krung Thep, this cafe at Ekamai was a hot favorite with the local uni students as a chill out joint. I spent a fair bit of time studying here with the friends and soaking in the culture. Now, everyone has shifted to H1 at the next street. But many still flock to Banrie บ้านใร่กาแฟ for a casual outing.

In Krung Thep, I avoid international brands and go for local names for many items. For coffee, it's gotta be Banrie and Doitung. Everytime I'm in town, I never fail to pop in here at this Banrie branch for a hot cuppa and relive those memories of the crazy times at uni. Freshly brewed, the coffee is really good. I sooo love its thick aroma.

And I pray for peace to return to Krung Thep where there's this shadow of unease hanging over its residents as the tumultous sands of politics flow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn hot though. have they improved the airconditioning?

Anonymous said...

That's something I will take note and go check out next time. I love going local.

geesmo said...

phew... this is a few days too late but i am glad that you're safe! virtually had no access to the outside world from my 'sick ward'

Jo said...

oh... nice..

sinlady said...

Banrie@Ekamai has the most cleverly designed hong nam!

imp said...

meteor: not much improvement felt. but it was cool. 21degrees.

dr: local's the best at any place. well, for better or worse, it's their local culture!

geesmo: hope u're all okay now!

jomel: super chill!

sinlady: love that too!