Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Warmth In Malaysia

I was invited over to the girlfriend's home for dinner. I really prefer to chill out at her place than to mill about in swanky malls this evening. It is so lovely to sit in her balcony and stare out into the twinkling city scene with the dark silhouette of the hills in the distance. She has given me a priceless oasis this evening.

Love her kitchen. I can just sit down, sip a nicely chilled glass of white riesling and chat with her while she wok-fry the beef. 
She cooked 3 very tasty dishes and a soup. I loved that Cantonese-style clear soup. And she baked a carrot cake for dessert.Ingratiated myself with her youngest girl by eating up her unwanted piece of carrot. Muahahahahha.

Really, this is the best meal of the week. I didn't want to stop eating!


Her two girls treated me to a super hilarious cheerleading / Chinese songs / piano performance. I learnt a new way of pronouncing Hannah Montana. ;p Her son's so shy. Typical of young boys. He's earnest and so sweet. I have forgotten how wonderful fun can be when it's pure young innocence. I had a great time with the children.

I can't thank her enough for her warm hospitality and generosity of heart. It comforted me in the middle of a bad week at work. Babe, you can call in this favor with me anytime, for anything.


8 comments:

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

what a beautiful act of hospitality and friendship :)

Anonymous said...

nice. very nice. proper home. :) aye! kudos to the girlfriend!

Jo said...

Aiyo babe!! What favour!?? This is not something done in exchange for any favour. I loved having you! I will not have anything back in return for a meal that I wanted to share with you! And yet you bought us all BAGS, like santarina came early this year. tsk tsk...

It was a long overdue "getting to know you" meetup, don't you think? I loved having you and it is you who cheered me with your warmth, and your bubbly personality. The kids were so happy did you see? They love having visitors, especially mummy's friend. ;)

Like I said, my home is open to you anytime! *BIG HUGS*

Anonymous said...

so sweet this is. like a bright spark in the gloom. be happy, imp!

Anonymous said...

a homecooked meal is awesome. it's nice to finally not think abt the bad stuff. just enjoy the fun in it!

=eLaiNe= said...

this is sweet!!! =p She is a worthy friend for a lifetime.

imp said...

corsage + queenie + jazzgal + elaine: it is!!! i feel so blessed!

jomel: no. thank YOU!!! :))) BIG HUGS right back at you!

cheryl: homecooked food was LOVELY. it does wonders to the soul.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh..!! that's very nice..! Jomel..!! i wanna come too..!