Saturday, December 20, 2008

Passing That For A Playlist

After reading everything about the making of it, I gave Twilight a pass.

Looking at the way the movie's been framed and publicized, I figured I was going to be really disappointed if I watched that. It's not going to be the sort of vampire stories I will enjoy. You know, like Underworld.

Instead, I gave in to the indie-kid yearnings to watch Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.

That, was so good. The music blended beautifully into the storyline.

It was a teen flick. So obviously it didn't rock my socks, but it was definitely enjoyable. This is the sort of production under the genre of romance that I don't mind.

*update: I got coerced to watch Twilight. At the end of it, I went WTF. I was gobsmacked by vampires suddenly having huamn teeth marks. I like my vampires with 2 fangs okay. Just read the book. It's degrees better than the chick flick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, not sure how you would have felt if you had watched it, but I gave Twilight a shot last night despite all the write-ups and some not so positive reviews from friends ... I totaaalllyyy LOVE it. Hee. ;-)

By the way, have you finished all 4 books?

~CDR~

imp said...

CDR: i read 2/4 books. Plot is intriguing. on a fantasy level, i'm not impressed with the writing. it's too overhyped and positioned as teen flick. all depth and nuances aren't present in the writing even. no leh, i'm not inclined to watch it after watching too many online trailers and shots. so i guess i'll catch it on hbo later.

kikare said...

If you're into vampire films, there's a Swedish one that's got very good reviews worldwide. It's called Let the right one come in/ Låt den rätta komma in. Check it out! I didn't see it but my reliable source confirmed that it is as good as they say!

imp said...

kikare: i want to check this out then! thanks!