Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Little Tougher Than That

As we carefully wound through the uneven pavements and potholes, Boss asked if I was alright. "You look a little uncomfortable. You're more used to London and New York right."

I told him I was okay and had this silly grin plastered on my face. It was a really cool night. The breeze was lovely. I was just so absorbed in the sights and sounds, plus trying to get my bearings in order to cut through little streets to get back to the hotel. Alamak, how little you know me, boss. Don't forget I love wearing birkies and flip flops more than stilettos.

Yes. I don't mind chic cities, tasty sparkling water, inspiring museums, galleries and theatre and all the jazz. But there is also another side of me. How to tell him I'm the same girl who spent 3 months in Luang Prabang with ripped fingernails, blisters, pimples and bruised toenails? Not to mention Darkhan at -15°C with no hot showers for 7 days and cold sores as souvenirs to boot. Plus that arduous (no porters) trek from Yunnan through Lijiang because it was the trendy thing to do. And wouldn't mind doing it all over again in a heartbeat.

Aiyoh. So of course I neber say anything lor, just smile only. Not necessary to say anything. :)

4 comments:

Jo said...

sorry.. I meant to say that you are A LOT tougher than that.

And I am so impressed. :)

MG said...

I'm impressed! Mongolia is one place I really want to go. Not now but I know I will get there one day.

imp said...

jomel: :D

MG: go! usually tourists won't get 'injured'. i was there on manual labor. :)

=eLaiNe= said...

one word : wow!! =)