Friday, September 04, 2009

Grilled Seafood Platters!

I've more or less decided to eat nothing but seafood here in Sydney. It is so so so so fresh. The chefs at the restaurants know how to strut their stuff to bring out the best flavors with the least amount of marinade.

I really don't mind the grilled seafood platter that's quite common at the restaurants. Lightly grilled with sea salt, it isn't heavy on the stomach. Quite yummy. But I just saw the girlfriend's amazing photos of her trip to a BIG aquarium in California and how beautiful the marine creatures were. even in captivity. And promptly felt a little tinge of guilt. After all, in those initial days of diving, I sized up every sighting as a potential meal. :p

This grilled baby octopus is absolutely intriguing in terms of appearance and taste. I can't quite decide if I like this more than the tender calamari. Similar in terms of texture, but quite different in taste. Both are, well, very tasty.

No comments: