Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Boxes Of Favors


At this event that I call my own, attended by my closest and dearest, I don't see a reason to stinge. These are the people whom I share more than cursory conversation and smiles with. They know the partner and I well. These are firm friendships that have endured through the years.

I was feeling gleeful. Since I was such a tyrant about it, I was very sure that the friends would respect our wishes and come to The Lunch without bearing gifts. Which meant that, I, as Queen for the day, had full authority to hand out gifts instead.

I had plenty of reasons to shop and decide on what sort of wedding favors to hand out. I had toyed with ideas of moleskin notebooks, 8GB anti-virus equipped thumbdrives, external hard disks, laptop sleeves, unique silver key rings, umbrellas, a selection of favorite books, etc.

Finally I walked into Tiffany & Co and Mont Blanc. They did stock rather practical items. It wasn't hard to decide on dainty blue boxes for the ladies and chic black squares for the men. With the number of guests kept cruelly small, I could get pretty paper and personally pen a note for each.