Sunday, November 28, 2010

Many Farewell Meals Coming Up


Once our duties were done at the airport, we heaved a sigh of relief. It's been a long week. I was in a surprisingly sociable mood. It was time to eat. Since we had cleared our schedules for this week, neither of us had planned anything for tonight. We might as well have something at the airport. So Crystal Jade it was. All I wanted, was a bowl of porridge. The work associate wanted a light meal too.

I've known the colleague for four years and while we've sat down to work meals at the same table, we've not actually eaten together. Might as well be tonight. I like his attitude towards his work and each time we run an event together, I know I can trust this guy. He's absolutely dependable. It made for an excellent working relationship.

It was very pleasant conversation. And finally, I got to know him a little better. And of course, I was particularly interested in his job, the technicalities and what it entails. :p So he explained it all and elaborated on many details. It kinda sounds fun, and best of all, there is alot of flexibility within. He was like, "Come come, join us!" Heh. The job involves burning many weekends, and that might make a dent in my social calendar. We'll see.

The other day, I went up to the another's colleague's office for a chat, a pot of tea, raspberry and white chocolate cookies. It's an odd thing I suppose. Work associates/colleagues aren't exactly friends, but they aren't strangers either. For the ones I'm closer too, I'm sorting out meals and bidding adieu. There are meagre opportunities of seeing them on the work circuit again.

At the end of the night, we shook hands by way of farewell. I might see him around, or I might not. No matter how, he's one of those who made the daily grind less of a drag and work chugs along smoothly, and I appreciate his help all these years.

2 comments:

tuti said...

closing chapters slowly.
i know your next will be an enriching one too. you will not settle for less. i respect your values.
it's a life well lived, if i may say even at this point.

imp said...

tuti: i'm morbid that way- i live life knowing that if i should die tmrw, i've very little regrets. :)