Wednesday, March 09, 2011

First Stop, Melbourne


Inevitably, there was nothing I wanted to watch for the March choices on Krisworld. Getting some rest on this flight was paramount. The moment the cabin lights dimmed and the plane began moving on the runway, I patted 3 pillows into position, pulled the blankets over, sprawled flat and slept, rejecting all food and water.

I got into the plane late and forgot to tell the stewardess not to wake me and give me the food 2 hours before arrival. So it was a tad annoying to have the lights brighten and someone tap my shoulder persistently because supper had to be served at 1.30am Singapore time (4.30am Melbourne). Quite alot of humans chose to eat supper. Hmmm. Then, there was breakfast served at 8am Melbourne time (5am Singapore). Very strange. Why have 2 full meals on a midnight flight? To justify the prices air-tickets on SQ?

How wonderful that the brain cooperated and shut down for a good 5.5 hours. It was much needed rest because upon landing, it was go-go-go all the way. Stamina is needed for this work trip because of the long hours and intense schedule. Lots to learn and plenty of information to digest. Don't even think about going out to gallivant. Not quite possible. Whenever time permits, I'm going to crash really early, like before 11pm. I don't function very well without sufficient sleep.

It was a wonderful thing to begin the day with a stroll in the cool breeze to grab a cup of flat white at 65 Degrees. Ahhhh....bliss. It was fortifying, to say the least. It did amazing, positive things to the spirit. You know me and coffee. Pity I won't have time to go to Proud Mary. Last month in Melbourne, I kept missing it and turning up in the area after closing, and I'll have to wait for another chance to pop in on the next visit.

3 comments:

red fir said...

I know you and coffee. At least you're in a land of good coffees imp! Have a good work trip. It's gonna be an awesome start.

ame said...

I is strangely missing you imp! not even like we see each other that much when you're around :-D haha.

imp said...

ice: i hope so, ice! thanks for the vote of confidence.

ame: awwww. ehhh. we see each other ALOT okay.