Friday, April 15, 2011

Crizia


Before we leave Buenos Aires, we’ve somehow earned half an evening off. It was already 8.45pm. We heaved a sigh of relief. Neither of us wanted to stay in for dinner or do any sort of work on the laptop. I’ve largely left the choices of makan venues to the associate as he will sniff out the good ones. He decided to have dinner at Crizia.


The server said that all produce was local (but of course) and the oysters were from Patagonia. So I bravely ate two oysters. Not too briny. Pretty fresh. I skipped the appetizers and went straight to a main of saffron linguine with king crab. Creamy, but ooh so good. I like this restaurant.

It was an evening when we could finally wind down and not think about work, negotiations, reports or briefs for a few hours. So we ordered wine. We’ve tasted many reds from Mendoza. Tonight, we tried a bottle of Malbec from Salta. It was as expected- fruity and easy on the palate. I was doubtful that we could finish a bottle. But we did! Or rather, I had three glasses and the associate finished the rest! He’s way more into wine than I am. I’m so jealous of him because he’s not flying home via Sydney and he could take a bottle of Malbec in the suitcase.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wait a minute Alkie Girl, you drink whiskey like a fish, and one glass of wine makes you woozy? No way :P

imp said...

dawn: NONSENSE. Of course I can't do wine. It's for the TRUE alcoholics.