Sunday, February 19, 2012

A New Black(ish) Dress


The girlfriend is a genius. I know she's a design whizz, but I've no idea how she got my measurements down pat. She never took out the measuring tape. I was simply thrilled to have a dress made for me! While she said something about alterations, I tuned her out. I was fairly sure the dress could fit, and the only issue might be the sizing being too small.

Later in the night, excitedly, I tried it on, and keeled over in amazement. It was a perfect fit. With no zipper. Can you beat that? No zipper! I couldn't have been more pleased with any dress than this one. I love it. The girlfriend is a genius. She's very clever to have avoided using a fabric of polka dots per se. She used this particular print that isn't too annoying, vintage, yet chic all at once. She skipped the buttons on mine because I'm not fond of buttons on dresses, made pockets because I love dresses with pockets, and gave me a whimsical bow on the left shoulder. I FEEL THE LOVE! The dress was made with a good quality of 100% cotton and superbly well sewn by her mother-in-law. The girlfriend randomly said the fabric is something either from Michael Miller or the sorts. I approve.

If you find my dress familiar, that's because it's an adult version of a child's dress from 'MissyMessy'. Hurhurhur. The girlfriend knows I like the dresses on lil'Missy, and in particular, this black and white fabric on a child. I'd buy stacks of black and whites for children instead of pink, blue and gaudy colors. So the girlfriend checked her stocks of fabric and decided to make me an adult version! HURRAH! The brainchild of the girlfriend and her husband- MissyMessy, is a work of love and a work in progress. Not exactly commercialized retail just yet, or even in full throttle. The end of 2012, they said. That's when they can dedicate more time to it. But for now, they're catering to a tiny group of friends and fans. They don't do clothes for adults. Mine is a one-off, very very special precious birthday gift (and trial experiment sorta).

10 comments:

dreamlaughlive said...

Very chic :) your girlfriend is very talented indeed!

Jo said...

I love it love it love it!!! I want one too, can be a different color, but same design.. can??? Trial experiment is a success what!! :)

Anonymous said...

a very thoughtful friend, and you are adorable too, for being such an appreciative person.
-misti

Anonymous said...

my gawd. read your twitter.
hope your toe/nail feels better soon. farking scary making me weak-knee-ed.
-misti

bmuse said...

Awesome gift, awesome idea, and awesome fit! :D Loves!

M. said...

:)) pretty dress talented crafter

Yuling said...

So awesome that you like it this much! Now I know who to look for if I ever need an adult model! :p

Thanks ladies, for the love and compliments!

imp said...

:)

Lady J said...

What a fun dress! You really know how to transform the look of the dress from day to night! Nice!

imp said...

ladyJ: very easy to do so!