Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back For A Bit


Running on a very tight schedule before the next flight out of town. There're plenty of errands to be done, and a few very very very important people to meet. Packed them all in within a very short timeframe.

Wanted to hang out with Corsage, and of course Bubbles. Made a playdate. Bubbles is an earnest serious little girl whom I'm very fond of. Still, I've no idea why she finds it very fun to talk to me. I'm not very entertaining. I suppose she's thrilled that she's able to monopolize my new iPad (not that she cares it's new) to play videos of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and make me say "Oh Toodles" for about 20 times.

Poor girl was running a low grade fever. But she seemed chirpy still. A tad lethargic, and it meant that after a morning of running about, feeding tortoises and fishes, she put herself to sleep easily in the afternoon. Within minutes, she was out like a light. YAY. Her appetite wasn't too good, but she was hungry. So besides fruits, she took a fair bit of soup. She picked out what she wanted from the pot. Carrots, yes. No to the onions. She also wanted the garlic. Cool!

With the little girl fast asleep, Corsage and I could chat, catch up over a light, yummy lunch without rushing through the food. No odd herbs inside to irritate my still healing rashes. Spicy sambal galore and sweet carrots in the soup. Precious precious hours with the girlfriend. Many joyous, healthy and blessed returns of the day, Corsage.

No comments: