Monday, December 10, 2012

A Sunday

The sunny morning was crisp and winningly rounded up with a gallop across the fields. Nothing like wind in my hair. Cold cold wind that was almost comfortable in the 5°C sunshine and blue skies. Took my time in wiping down the horses, brushing their coats and picking out their feet. It's winter. If I don't treat the horses right, the Aunts will literally turn off the heating in my room, and I'd have to go share a bed with the horses. Bleah.

By the time I was done, the sun was setting. Time to shower and curl up in front of the fireplace with a book and the iPad. When I went downstairs, found out that the Aunts were back and had other plans. The chess board was all laid out, along with a platter of cheese and bottles of wine and single malts. Hahahah. Okay. It's been a long while since I've moved chessmen across the board. It's like bridge, or poker, or golf; or backgammon, Scrabble, checkers, Reversi, whatever. I don't totally suck at them, but I don't enjoy the game per se. I learnt to play them because some people I love, play, and once in a while, it's nice to join in.

Just like that, the afternoon turned into night and it was time for dinner. Thinking about strategies put me to sleep. It's tiring to keep the mental pace while waiting, and waiting, and waiting. At least Reversi can be done in a matter of 3 minutes. For chess, I'm like...hurry up already! Grrrrr. Well, the whisky was a great silent supporter. (Of course I lost the two games.) What wonderful leisurely day. Now, to rest before the next ride and game.

2 comments:

eveeleva said...

I can't be the only one that is dying of envy right now, right? In other news amee n I met for lunch n ended up watching a moofie! Miss ya!

imp said...

eveeleva: WAHHHH! SO FREE AH YOU BOTH. Sounds like a good afternoon. I want in the next round too!