Thursday, December 06, 2012

Oh Chipotle!


I didn't know that Chipotle is in London. "Oh, the first one opened sometime 2010!" the bff chirped, giving me that look. DUHHH. Allo, I don't live in the city, neither is the chain on my radar of 'places to eat at'.

Then, I made the most unsurprising decision. Thought through the schedule, threw out reservations for a fancy dinner the next day without re-booking, then scrambled for tickets for a night out at the theatre and really, the point of hitting town, the highlight- was to get to a Chipotle, gorge ourselves silly, drink their Brooklyn Lager, and that lovely elderflower sparkling sugared water, etc, that sort of thing.

I don't mind fast food, but not McD's every time, thankyou. So Baja Fresh is the default at home. It's decent, but I'd love to have Chipotle open an outlet at home, even though the threshold population's tastes might not sustain its operations, unless it's in the CBD. I guess they won't come over because there wouldn't be ingredients this fresh found on this island where everything is imported, and there isn't a concept of farm/field to dining table in 24 hours. Imagine the prices of the food if they brought the full array to Singapore.

Opted for a burrito bowl. Picked all the beans I wanted, sauces, ingredients, cheese, etc. Oh that guacamole. All that thick avocado goodness. All the green fats! Mmmm. Hugely satisfying. The man took a burrito bowl too. He loved cubes of spicy grilled chicken in his bowl. What is it about chicken in England? The man swears that the meats taste so good. Ahhhh. The degree of freshness of the food, and the many available options of suppliers. Totally awesome meal.

5 comments:

D said...

I could eat at Chipotle every day :)

imp said...

it was LOVE. LOVE.

suntaneye said...

They should totally have this in Singapore! Burrito bowl rules!

Little Miss Snooze said...

Stepped into chipotle (there's one just 5 min away from me!) for the first time due to you raving about it. I really trust your tastebuds. :)

And ohman, I think I have been craving for that burrito for a while!

imp said...

suntaneye: on second thoughts, don't take this to SG. Gives me an excuse to come up and visit you girls. I keep wanting to, and not doing anything about it!

lil miss snooze: you tried it! yayy! i love their soft tacos too. :))) time for you to go again!