Monday, December 31, 2012

That's A Wrap, 2012!

Checking out the 2007 from my favorite Italian estate.

The eve of a new year. The seventh day of Christmas. The Feast Day of Pope St Sylvester I. The historical writings of the tension between this Pope and Emperor Constantine. The continuous comparison between history and today's events. Similarities and differences. World events in 2012 have hit nearer home, and made to feel a tad more frightening, thanks to all social media channels. The Singapore voice has grown louder, at the same time mature and childish on so many levels. On many fronts, the year soon-to-pass has been exciting, sober, solemn, depressing and joyful all at once.

The year past has brought me immense joy, happiness and contentment. Issues important to me, stay important. Matters that don't exactly weigh on my mind, I leave be. The changes, perhaps, come in the form of how I deal with these issues. Not losing sight of my life's mantra, carpe diem; to live each day as though it might be the last, to be conscious of all speech, decisions and actions so that should I suddenly die, regrets will be minimal. In the everyday, I'm grateful for the tremendous amount of blessings received. There'll be death, illness, tragedy and sadness. Those, while not unexpected, will be dealt with stoicism with as they happen. As they say, life happens. I will persist in answering to no one else but myself and God. ut sementem feceris ita metes. I'll never forget that. Of sins past, of present penance. As the calendar closes on the last page and eventually shifts to a new year, the happy bits of blue across the horizon indicate that my new year will be met with much jocundity.

This blog has been around for a while and will continue to exist so long the web host doesn't pull stunts. I like this little online space of mine. It has always been intended for the friends, and doesn't mind friendly visitors. The choice lies with a reader to stop clicking on the weblink. I never spill the entirety of my life and emotions onto the blog, but choosing to share snippets. Have done so from the start, and always will. The focus doesn't shift, but the blog has built up a collection of random ramblings. Then again, it never set out to be anything else. Thank you for reading, and bearing with me. In the new year, I wish, that everyone will find their quietude, cheer and solace. Have an awesome (for the lack of depth in my vocabulary) 2013, everybadeh!

16 comments:

muchadoabouteating said...

Have a good 2013 too! Pardon the lack of depth in my vocab too :)

imp said...

heh! basic simple words are the best. :) you too, for a new year of smooth and exciting challenges at work, and yet-to-be-discovered gems on the food trail.

dreamlaughlive said...

Happy 2013, Imp! Thanks for sharing your adventures here. I haven't been commenting much but have been hanging around. And as always, enjoyed your posts :)

Anonymous said...

you, lack of vocab? *roll in laughter* :P
Happy New Year to you and yours and I wish you a wonderful 2013 too.
-misti

Anonymous said...

Yeah to a year past of immense joy, happiness and contentment for you Imp. Wishing you a year of wondrous adventures and happiness ahead :)

Xuan

imp said...

dreamlaughlive: glad you stroll once in a bit!

misti: i say 'awesome' too often. :)

xuan: to you too!

Ozzie said...

Thanks Imp for continuing to share your adventures, wishing you & the man a terrific 2013 ahead! Happy New Year!

sinlady said...

xoxox Imp, Imp's friends and family. may faerieimps be around for a long, long time...

FML said...

Thanks Imp for sharing snippets of books, food, tea to this occasionally (and hopefully friendly) stranger :)

Have a marvelous 2013!!!

Yuling said...

To a most lovely year ahead, babe! Knew you through this space, and it will always be special to me! Big hugs for now, till we meet in a couple of weeks! :)

imp said...

sinlady: my thanks! happiness to you and your man too.

fml: anytime. :)

yuling: xxxooo.

Lady J said...

Blessed New Year to you and the Man! Looking forward to reading more of your adventures in 2013! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Imp! Despite not being super active nor resourceful enough online, I'm glad to have found my way to your little space here. It's always been enjoyable and at times also informative and inspirational for me over the years. Thank you!
D

imp said...

LadyJ: To your adventures too!

D: And I'm glad to be reading your space too. Thank you for sharing!

jooo said...

Here's to a great 2013, imp! Keep blogging and writing in this space! I always enjoy your writings and musings! :p

imp said...

Jooo: and i, yours. :)