Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bears in Bags


When I meet Y and Lil'Missy, sometimes Lil'Missy's bear comes along. The gender of the bear changes according to the little girl's mood. Hahaha. It's usually quiet and obedient. All good.

The thing is, she's not going to carry that bear all day. So I end up carrying it at times. Which is fine, as long as Lil'Missy is in sight, to stop weird looks being shot my way. A grown woman carrying a bear in her arm and walking all around doesn't look all that hipster-cool. :P

A few more bears will travel with me and sit on the bed in the hotel rooms. But I've this paranoia about bed bugs. I run a bed-bug-check before I take out the stuffed toys. It'll be a nightmare to haul back bed bugs, and even worse to have to de-fumigate the stuffed toys or have them burnt. However, rather often, a tiny bear sits in my bags, especially if I'm taking out the bigger totes. Many of the girlfriends have learnt to stop rolling eyes at what's inside my bags. The contents are usually innocent, or necessary. But once in the while, they still do a double-take each time they peep in and see a bear staring right back.

At the shops in Seattle, I spotted a tiny bear wearing the Seattle Seahawks hoodie, right up to the point of departure at the airport, but dunno why I didn't grab it off the shelf. Not a football fan, but the game I saw in Seattle hinted at a top form team and they went on to take the season's championship. Hurrah. Now I can't stop thinking about the bear. Dunno if it's available. Shall hunt it down.

This cutie in the photo below is a gift from a dear girlfriend. Instant cuddles. Not like I'm a huge baseball fan either. Not even for X-Files S6E19 'The Unnatural'. The bear wears a New York Yankees hoodie. I keep him hidden. If strangers spy him and begin baseball talk with me, I'm so gonna sound like a loser. At eight inches tall, he fits comfortably into most totes. Heh.

No comments: