Sunday, April 13, 2014

She's 36 Too

For the first time in many years, the bff is in town during her birthday. I don't have to hand her a belated gift or ship out a box to wherever she is. Best of all, I can give her a real-time tight hug right on her birthday. I'm very proud of her for all her achievements. She has solidly stood by me all these years, through happy sunshine and some very dark times. I hope I have been as much of a friend to her as she has been to me.

Here's to 30 years of mischief-making, beautiful girl. You know me like no one does. There's no one else quite like you in the way of setting the benchmark for bffs. You probably spoilt the market. There's something about childhood friends who stay good friends. I love how our friendship has panned out. To at least another 30 more blessed healthy years. Happy 36th, dearest D.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's rare to find and sustain a great friendship. I have some I consider really good friends but probably none as special as yours. Happy Birthday Imp's BFF!

Worrywart said...

Lovely post, imp. Happy Birthday to your BFF!

Such rarity we come across people we choose as family and very solidly stick too!

imp said...

fern: i'll send along your wishes! Thank you!

worrywart: that's the thing i'm much grateful for!