Wednesday, October 08, 2014

A Soft-Serve At Night

Because the bff wanted ice-cream at 9.30pm, and most ice-cream parlors were closed, we went to grab a soft-serve instead. Next time, we might be better off stocking tubs of ice-cream at home. But neither she nor I have this habit. Anyway, she's been clocking 7km each run, for a minimum of two runs a week. She deserved the late-night sweets.

We hurried down to near-to-us Sunday Folks. It was alnost the close of business. They were taking last orders for waffles and there was virtually no queue. There were two persons ahead of us in the line, and five behind us. Two takeaway charcoal cones. A dark chocolate for me and a sea-salt gula melaka for her. Didn't ask for toppings, but the cafe piled them on anyway. Made the mistake of biting into those squares that the cafe adorned the soft-serve with. Marshmellows. YUCKS. I no like. The other brown squares were chocolate sponge-something.

The bff gleefully finished up her portion. After three licks, I kinda left mine untouched. Didn't want to bounce off the walls. Sugar keeps me awake in the nights the same way as caffeine does. The crash from a sugar-high feels terrible. Don't ask me about the soft-serve. :P Dunno anything about it. All of these stuff contain too much sugar. The only flavor of ice-cream I can discern whether it's a good mix and texture, is vanilla bean. The bff didn't mind her soft-serve from Sunday Folks. She can't resist gula melaka anything. Didn't even know why I turned up at a dessert joint. Humor her lor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Looks good!! Went there the other day but it was closed! Gah!! Now after seeing ur pic, I want me a soft-serve ice-cream.. ;p

imp said...

for now they open late, at 4 or 4.30pm. apparently the queues are crazy during peak hours, the usual of any new joint I suppose. people seem to like the waffles there. very tiny space- unfriendly for strollers. decent ventilation.