Sunday, December 28, 2014

C8H10N4O2


Intended to get some handmade earrings and necklaces for the girlfriends. Kept a lookout for them along the way. Also checked out Seattle's conveniently located Pike Place Market to see what stores are displaying a table this holiday season. Bought items at two stores, and also stopped by Sabando Design proudly run by Ron and Kristeena Sabando. Had a short happy chat with them about their work and Bangkok. :)

Ron and Kristeena are metalsmiths who work with semi-precious stones, setting them in rather striking designs. They can be dainty, but not exactly so. There's some character to their pieces. I like that very much. Couldn't resist getting this necklace made in Argentium sterling silver. The moment I saw it, I knew I would buy it. Murmured to myself "C8H10N4O2." I know this molecular formula. People with asthma would know it too- enprofylline. And of course, it's the structure for caffeine.

Had no chance to wear the necklace in Seattle since I was kinda bundled up. No point getting necklaces entangled in clothes. I generally don't wear necklaces or bracelets on a day-to-day basis. Find them a tad cumbersome. Also, I was all oiled up against the winter wind and chill. Didn't want to leave thick oil traces on a brand new thing. Los Angeles is warmer, so I could dress a lot lighter. Not walking as much here. Certainly nothing above 40 minutes each way. Traveling time is mostly spent in a warm car, so clothes are more or less what I wore in Singapore plus a leather jacket.

No comments: