Tuesday, June 07, 2016

To Spices at MTR Restaurant


First meal back must include spices. I'd have loved it to be nasi padang. But my favorite has closed and I didn't feel like heading to the alternative. Went to MTR Restaurant for yummy Indian vegetarian food instead. As usual, there was a long queue, but it moved fast. It didn't take us more than 20 minutes to get a table for four persons. Placed our orders while waiting in line and the food arrived the moment we sat down.

The dosa (thosai) is quite the bomb. I was hungry and ordered the masala dosa. Crisp on the outside and with potatoes on the inside that I prefer it to be saltier, heeeeee, it's totally satisfying. It's quite a lot of carbs. But whatever, I'm going to sweat it off. That sambar is so good that I always shamelessly end up asking for a refill. :P

I love the fat and cute rava idli here that's chockfull of nuts, mustard seeds and curry leaves. It comes with the little bowl of potato curry that's really delicious. Their chutneys are good- mint and coconut, but I'm not big on it. Not that fond of chutney, except spicy tomato chutney.


MTR Restaurant
438 Serangoon Road Singapore 218133
(It's round the corner from City Square Mall, directly opposite Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple.)
T: +65 6296 5800 (closed on Mondays)

No comments: