Wednesday, September 27, 2017

IceDEA ไอติม


I'm sure IceDEA take a lot of pride in their creations. Look at their sketches on their facebook page. Their colorful and inventive ice-cream platters have been appearing on Instagram. I didn't go out of my way to come to the ice-cream parlor. The little ice-cream cafe is sited within Bangkok Art and Culture Center (BACC) where I'm hanging out a fair bit, so it's inevitable that I end up there because somebody will always want ice-cream.

Anyway, the friends wanted ice-cream before our afternoon activities. So we sat down at the cafe. IceDEA does ice-cream creations mimicking food and fruits. The friends also showed me photos of their dessert of 'steak and potatoes'. Totally looked like the real thing! This afternoon, they chose the much-raved about durian and mangosteen. They're three-dimensional, packed in boxes and looking for everything in the world like the real thing! Pretty cute. Yeah, they kinda tasted like the actual fruit too. They weren't that sweet either, and the texture seemed more like sorbet and ice than cream and dairy. I could certainly do two spoonfuls of each. #ไอศครีมมังคุด #ไอติมมังคุด #ไอติม

Luckily a table of six shared the ice-cream so that the sugar load would be minimal. But there were two sugar fiends who went off to get more scoops. Hahah. They opted for flavors like melon and a swirling green and teal ball named 'global warming'. I had no idea what those tasted like. :P


No comments: