Tuesday, November 07, 2017

香港的餐肉蛋飯

I have a ridiculous weakness for this- luncheon meat with eggs done sunny side up. I rarely eat this in Singapore because our kitchen doesn't do pork, and the commercial eateries serve up sad sad horrible over-crisp and too-thin slices of luncheon meat. Also, each order only comes with two miserable eeky slices of luncheon meat. The usual brands of spam don't do anything for me; those from Hawaii, Korea and Japan aren’t exciting either. It has to be the worst of the lot- Ma Ling. Hahahaha.

Walk into any cha chaan teng (茶餐廳, a casual eatery doing sandwiches, congee and noodles) in Hong Kong, order ‘餐肉蛋飯’ and invariably, the perfect dish of salty processed food with zero nutritional value turns up within minute. Thick and juicy slices of luncheon meat perfectly crisp at the sides accompanied by superbly runny yolks. I'm less of a wonton noodles girl, and I do love my steamed white rice.

So this was my first meal in Hong Kong. It was kinda like my 'welcome to the city' meal. Three silly slices of luncheon meat! Teeehehehe. The sodium levels are through the roof unhealthy. Sometimes I feel quite ill after eating it because it's just bad for my body. Bloodcurdling. But hey, the daily happiness index shoots up tremendously. 😃

2 comments:

coboypb said...

Your happy meal 😊

imp said...

hahaha. a very happy meal!