Wednesday, December 06, 2017

A Moment With A Cup of Coffee

My relationship with coffee is not just about enjoyment; it arises out of a need for caffeine. Hahaha. Dunno if this is an addiction. While I can do without coffee on some days, I turn into an ogre without it on other days. A cup of kopi-o-siu-dai or kopi-o-kosong, or caffe latte or an easy pourover makes me equally happy. The type of coffee drunk depends on the mood of the day. While I like to get out to grab a cup of coffee with friends, I also like sitting down to work (at home or in an office) with it. It's great mental crutch. Hahahaha. I don't seem to have that habit of taking coffee at formal meetings though. I stick to water.

That morning was particularly stressful. So I went to the nearest coffee joint to get a shot of caffeine to even out the temper before it exploded. Went to a thankfully quiet Kurasu to get a lovely rich cup of caffe latte and some peace. For once, I didn't fiddle with my phone or even the Kindle. In between staring at the wall and at the building across the road, I simply sipped the coffee, lingered and enjoyed it.

Needed to slow the many swirling thoughts. Of course I get angsty with the business of life and living. I just don't whine about it too much to friends or on the blog. I tend to prefer seeking practical solutions to the emotions felt. And often, I have to be patient and wait for time to pass in order to get things done. As much as I can control stuff happening along the expected lines, it might not fit delivery dates; they don't always happen at the speed I prefer- often, it's out of my hands. There's a time and place for everything. I have to learn to be comfortable with that.

No comments: