Thursday, February 01, 2018

Breakfast At Crown Bakery

Went out to Crown Bakery to meet the girls for breakfast. We did it as a 'play-it-by-ear' date, and was so glad everyone could make it that morning. It has been a while since we properly caught up together. Coffee was uhhh...very weak. But we'd eventually go get better coffee later, so I took it simply as a hot drink with a bit of caffeine. :P I was in happy sort of mood, and was hungry, so I even ordered a mini chocolate croissant to go with my savory bun.

Bought bread to-go too. I was totally intrigued by this Hainanese Chicken Bread that's unique to the bakery. Well, more of buying it for the man than for myself. I took two small bites just for taste. There're tiny cubes of chicken inside, French mill wheat flour is infused with the chicken soup. Love it that it's done with natural leaven so that it's savory 'hard' bread and not the soft kinds I shy away from.

Y was there too. So yeah, I collected Ed the Bear. Had to do so when Missy would be in school. Needed to steal Y away from her for an adults-only date. Teeeehehehehehee. But I made the man write Missy a thank-you note as Ed the Bear’s alter ego. Oof. Needed his handwriting instead of mine, since Missy will recognize it straightaway.

No comments: