Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Blue Star’s Prata


When N mentioned about the prata at Blue Star Islamic Banana Leaf Restaurant, the man and I were super interested to check it out. Went there for supper after a show. It’s rather far though- at Yishun Avenue 5. Chong Pang. Yishun. YISHUN. Okay, not going to make any lame jokes about it. It’s completely out of the way for us, but definitely worth a return visit if we’re in the mood for it.

The prata bawang kosong was tasty. Something about the dough. Perhaps it’s the extra margarine, or ghee. I don’t want to know. I’m not particular about the crispiness, so this prata was fine for me. But if you’re comparing crispiness, then at least whoever made it that night didn’t beat Springleaf’s and definitely not Mr and Mrs Mohgan’s Super Crispy Roti Prata.

I always ask for fish curry with the prata. Never chicken- that free accompanying curry always stinks when it’s chicken, dunno why. The fish curry here was slightly more tangy than spicy. Still nice. Besides prata, the eatery has a fairly extensive menu of the usual expected dishes. Like my all-time default supper food of beehoon goreng putih ikan bilis dengan telur mata lembu. No stomach space tonight. Next time.

I found the spicy in the gorgeous chicken liver masala. I liked the masala loads, and was thrilled to find two chicken hearts within. Hurhurhur. But no, I don’t take chicken liver or gizzard. Hearts, yes. Oof. This was the star dish of the night for us. Everything was washed down with a refreshing cup of (lowered sugar) ais limau.

Chicken heart!!! 😍

Blue Star Islamic Banana Leaf Restaurant
Block 102 Yishun Avenue 5
#01-127 Singapore 760102
(down the row from the corner where the 7-11 stands, next to Giant)

No comments: