Thursday, April 05, 2018

Salad & Grain Bowls

The Daily Cut's most recent menu. 

Many many versions of grain concoctions and salad bowls later at the various salad bars around, I still swear loyalty to The Daily Cut. I fell in love with how it did its tofu. It bothers to press it before marinating it in different ways. Tasty tofu is difficult to find. Since then, it hasn't failed me. The ingredients have somehow offered the perfect mix of flavors, salt and textures for my tastebuds. These are my default food choices when I have to eat out for many meals.

Friends are happy that the menu offers both chicken breast and chicken thigh. Those little pieces of soy honey chicken thighs come with skin attached. There're other protein choices of jalapeño lime skirt steak, orange-glazed salmon, caribbean spiced tilapia, and of course sriracha tofu. Its recent menu offers coriander as a topping. Okay, some people love coriander loads. But I was all like, coriander should be FREE. Like, it should be an additional sprinkling on top of all items in a bowl. Like shallots. Oh well. :P

The one time I put in an advance order (24 hours ahead) via Deliveroo for a 5pm delivery for 30 bowls, they turned up on time, with every bowl's contents correct and every item intact. I was absolutely impressed. One person lugged them all. Glad I opted to tip the delivery rider. We know the dine-in magic timings at the outlets at Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar. Go before 11.40am or after 2.15pm. Anything in-between means a loooong queue; CBD lunch hour is a war zone when it comes to fighting for seats or a table. It's virtually impossible to grab a quiet corner at The Daily Cut at peak lunch hour, just do a takeaway. Dinner too, is quite mad. Tanjong Pagar Center fares slightly better since it is open all day, and the volume of the evening crowd isn't too bad. Dunno about Marina One yet, since that outlet just opened, but at lunch, it should be equally mad.

3 comments:

D said...

Ramen Teh: Hope I can catch the movie on an SQ flight soon. They actually sell "ramen teh"?! Your pic of it certainly looks very appetising for me! Light and not oily at all. Arghh... but I can't try it!

D said...

Fisk Seafoodbar & Market: Ok, I'm not a fan of pickled herring, but from your pic, I noticed the nice ceramic bowls for the pickled herrings that are made to look like broken egg shells. Love them! ;D

imp said...

Hello D!!!

FiSK- they use Luzerne bowls and plates. Of late, many many restaurants have been using their products! There is a Luzerne discount store in Whampoa. Heh. I wouldn't mind getting some of those plates and bowls too... Oof.

I dunno if they'd extend the promotion, but currently they managed to randomly whip one up for all of March and till the end of the month. Quite fun!