Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Red, White & Blue

Ran smack into my dinner date when I exited a store. She was just stepping off the escalator. What good timing! We were supposed to meet at the restaurant! Then I started laughing. It’s gotta be slightly more than serendipity when we turned up in matching colors and an exact fit in how we chose to wear them.

We were both in white tops paired with jeans of different hues. I had wanted to carry a maroon bag out in the morning, but that was stashed so deep in the wardrobe that I gave up and took this more accessible light brown. If I had brought that out, it would be picture perfect! For some reason, instead of our usual casual flats and loafers or track shoes, she was in a jaunty pair of slightly more formal flats with a pom. She totally intended that to match her bag. It was a work day for me, so I was in heels. And we rarely wear pointy shoes! Wheeeeee!

Both of us like our wardrobes more functional than frilly. Okay she can do frills better. She doesn’t mind lace and eyelets and such, and she has the height to pull off many more styles. So it was kinda randomly fun that we chose this entire combination without prior discussion! Hahaha. I forgot to ask, but we were both likely to have been dragged out to National Day observance ceremonies and celebrations at the office (separately)Still. I’m sure our outfits had nothing to do complementing the upcoming National Day. There’re a thousand ways to wear red and white, and we hilariously picked a similar style. Hurhurhur.

1 comment:

jo said...

#默契