Saturday, August 11, 2018

Supermama's Akoya Pearls

@supermamasg

I'm quite fond of Supermama's products. A good number of items are also ideal as gifts. They're well made, and try to keep to the original spirit of the makers. That's something our retail scene lacks in terms of originality and innovation. As and when the designs and their quality are something that catch my eye, I support our Singapore shops and brands.

Supermama recently trotted out their range of cultured Akoya pearls from Ise-Shima. It sounded really fun. I'm iffy about pearls, the same way I'm not into jade. Pearl necklaces are an accessory I totally avoid. I'm not inclined to spend a lot of money on items that I don't particularly fancy. But I suppose a small little pair of earrings is inoffensive and can be kinda fun.

Popped into Supermama that afternoon to have a look. The range of pearl jewelry is rather limited now as they didn't make a lot to begin with, and they had sold many since its launch. But there's a pair of earrings in small-enough pearls set in gold that's pretty. It isn't quite me, but wearing it once in a while is okay. Bought it. Also picked out a pair of earrings for a girlfriend who's suddenly into pearls now. Heh! These are encased in silver. Spent some time mulling over which pair suited her better. In the end, the luster of the pearls made the decision.

No comments: