Thursday, October 25, 2018

Barramundi from kühlbarra


There was a flash sale on külhbarra, and we stocked up on barramundi. I always like how the fillets arrive- vacuum-sealed and nestled among unmelted ice. Clean and fresh. The rest of the fillets went straight to the freezer. Two pieces went to the chiller to be steamed for dinner.

Also ordered fillets from külhbarra's premium range. Those fillets are a little fattier, and can withstand higher temperatures. It means that either grilling or steaming it would be both as very forgiving since the fillets won't wilt so fast if I accidentally lose track of time. The man hadn't tasted these from külhbarra at all, so it would be good for him to remember the flavor profiles and textures.  To let him taste the differences, I steamed two pieces of fillets for dinner- one normal, and one premium. #ImpieCooks2018

The man has been hogging the kitchen till I have no chance to cook. Well, it isn't as if I like to cook that much. But on some days, I need go lighter in my food. I can't be doing curries, dhaal and pasta all week. I'm wayyy neater in the kitchen than the man. Cleaning up the kitchen after myself is honestly way more pleasurable than cleaning up after him. He has NEVER had to clean a kitchen before in his entire life prior. Something was seriously lacking in his childhood education. (He has improved tremendously though. Ha!)

For variety, I also did a quick dish of stir-fry- broccoli with Japanese shiitake. This is probably why I don't bother ordering some food items at restaurants. I can cook them better, and to my exact flavor profiles. It helps when I have a few grades of soy sauces stocked to create whichever braising liquids required. I didn't even bother sprinkling additional salt into this dish.

Those two barramundi fillets. Steamed them Asian style with pre-soaked dried scallops and mushrooms. Added chilli to the mix. I don't do well without chillies. No prizes for guessing that the man prefer the premium cut for its fats. I prefer the leaner regular fillet. It was a loooong day at the office for the man, with a super light lunch. So he was hungry and quite happy to come back to an early dinner, and one in which he didn't have to be mindful about prep logistics. 😄

No comments: